Two long time Savannah favorites Zunzi’s and Treylor Park came together to expand their existing concepts and create some new ones. They came together in the form of a “classy casual” beach-style laid back vibe with a large outdoor deck that they aptly named Zunzibar. Zunzibar, at 236 Drayton Street, which just opened in late May and have hours Monday through Sunday 11am-12am. Stop by and hang for awhile and read below for the 9 things you need to know about Zunzibar.
1. The menu is the same one that made Zunzi’s famous with choices of sandwiches, salads, bowls, chips, sides and more. Scout had the Conquistador Salad which we would highly recommend.
2. It is set up as self-serve where you place your order at any of the 3 kiosks placed around the restaurant and bar. Your name is then called and you go up to a window and collect your food.
3. You may choose to go directly up to the bar or someone will visit your tables for cocktail service, no food service.
4. Even though it is self-service the staff was so attentive that it felt like full service (shoutout to Hannah who was one dope cocktail server and full of useful facts).
5. They will be starting live music Tuesday through Thursday 5pm-8pm and a DJ on weekends 8pm-midnight.
6. The beach theme is driven home with imaginative and delicious frozen drinks, the most popular being the Banana Hammock (Rum, Coconut, Banana).
7. The most popular cocktail is the Low Country Iced Tea which is a play on the Long Island Ice Tea but with a Zunzibar spin (Vodka, Rum, Gin, Zunzi’s famous Peach Tea from South Africa, Lemon & Mint).
8. They have a dedicated window for take-out only on the side of the building to make pick up super easy.
9. If you don’t grab a photo in front of the neon umbrella Instagrammable wall…were you actually there? And be sure to tag @ScoutSavannah912 when you checkout Zunzibar and all the fantastic local options Savannah has to offer!