Southern Food paired with community support is what you will find at Kim’s Cafe at 714 B MLK Jr Blvd. Kim’s Cafe will officially open Saturday, September 4th. Kim’s is founded by Crystal & Carlton Pitts and Maronda & Sharon Pierce. The cafe is a way to pay homage to Kim, their mother who passed away of cancer 5 months ago. It’s a place for people to connect and collaborate through food and classes for life skills, as well as, youth development. Kim’s will offer affordable breakfast and lunch buffets, as well as, an array of classes for the betterment of community. Please check out all they offer on their website: www.kimscafe.net.
If you would like to support Kim’s Cafe and their work with the community they are taking donations for their Youth & After School Programs, Clothes Closet and Outreach Programs.
Please tell us what inspired you to open Kim’s Cafe?
The passing of my mother, Kim, 5 months ago from cancer, the struggles we endured as children and my passion for the underprivileged and overlooked in the city
Kim’s Cafe is more than a cafe, please tell us what people can expect from Kim’s?
Breakfast Buffet & Lunch Menu
Classes for our community:
- ServSafe – Lisa Linen/Divine Elegance
- GED Preparation – Zelonia Williams – Future Minds Adult Literacy & Education, Inc.
- Kidprenuership – Crystal Clear Enterprises
- Home Buying – Homestar Financial
- Credit Repair
- Medicare & Health Education – MAGIC Insurance Agency
- Financial Education – Major Solutions Firm
- Afterschool program – mentoring, tutoring and feeding the youth in partnership with Connors Temple Baptist Church
What makes Kim’s food special?
You’ll find a standard Breakfast Buffet/Soul Food For Lunch but cheaper than most restaurants in Savannah. You can dine-in, take-out or pre-order.
How can the community help out Kim’s Café’?
Sign Up For Our Program
Donate To Our Youth & Afterschool Programs
Donate To Our Clothes Closet
Donate To Our Outreach Program
What’s the best way to find you on social media, websites, etc.?
Facebook: Kim’s Café