Summer is on deck and Scout wants to know what you have planned? The possibilities are endless but here is a few to get you started on different ways to help the community and have fun in the process.
1. Stop by a local bookstore and buy a cookbook. Vow to make 1 recipe per week using fresh produce from Forsyth Farmers Market, Vertu Farm, Whippoorwill Farms or Billy’s Botanicals.
2. Try at least 1 family friendly activity offered by Skidaway Island State Park, there are so many great things happening.
3. Plan an Italian night out at Bella’s Italian Cafe, Bella Napoli or LaScala and follow it up with Gelato from The District.
4. Eat ice cream instead of dinner at Leopold’s or Finn & Quinn.
5. Take advantage of the summer movie nights + cocktails happening around town: Coastal Empire Beer, Lost Square and Ghost Coast Distillery.
6. Don’t let the summer pass you by without a lobster roll…GB Lobster can hook you up!
7. Make a Spotify Summer Playlist with all your favorite local bands then share with Scout (Lyn Avenue, Eric Britt, Ben Lewis, Josephine Johnson, Jacob Evans , The Band Draucker and so many more!)
8. Plan a wine tasting afternoon with Savannah Wine Cellar, Le Chai or drive to Butterducks Winery.
9. Book a picnic with Scenic Siesta and invite all your friends you haven’t seen in a year for a special reunion.
10. Plan to go to a different Savannah rooftop each weekend using Scout’s Rooftop Guide
11. Spend a family day on Tybee at the beach, doing a Scavenger Hunt to biking around.
12. Take a road trip using Scout’s recommendations: Debellation Brewing, Split Fin Brewing, Herd it Here Farm, Wild Georgia Animal Park and more.
13. Pick something off of Libbie Summer’s “My Favorite Things” list on ScoutSavannah.com, it’s sure to be a hit.
14. Need a rainy day pick me up…get dirty at Pinspiration’s splatter paint room, then the whole family can dance off the paint in the rain.
15. Make a summer memory jar and spend Labor Day recapping all of your memories.