What’s going on this weekend? Here are a few events we have “Scouted Out” for you. Make sure to follow us on IG and FB @ScoutSavannah912 for a list of happenings around town Thursday through Sunday. Don’t miss out…look to Scout!
Weekend Buzz brought to you by
RENEE WILLIAMS, GA Realtor
Bee in the Know with Renee’s Top 5 Money Tips to Save for Anything (Homeownership Included):
1. Pick a Goal! – (suggestions: down payment on a home. emergency fund, saving for home renovations)
2. Analyze your last 30 days of spending – print statements and use a highlighter to track where your money went (what is necessary and what was an extra?)
3. Check your credit score– especially if you are saving for a home! Once you know it, you can make a plan to increase that number or improve your income to debt ratio. Knowledge is power!
4. Track ALL of your spending for 90 days – this makes you hyper aware of what you are spending money on. Do this in the notes section or Google docs to make it easy for on the go tracking.
5. Set up an automatic savings plan! – This forces you to put aside a specific amount of money without thinking about it. Treat it like a monthly bill or expense and watch the money stack up!
June 24-June 27
Cooking Dinner Theatre at Hewitt Oaks – June 25, 6:30pm-8:30pm
They’ve planned a delicious menu featuring locally-sourced ingredients, to be enjoyed outdoors in the courtyard. The best part is you won’t have to do any of the work! During the cooking demonstration, you’ll enjoy a plated dinner together with your choice of wine and beer. They have tables for 2, 4, 6 or 8 — so bring your significant other or come with a group of friends! Learn tips and secrets for preparing each dish and get all the recipes to take home with you. Cost is $179 per couple and includes all food and complimentary beverages. 21 and over only. Tickets are non-refundable.
HalfAth Music Event – June 25-June 26, 3:00pm-7:00pm
Event by Jock Gang and The World Famous at The Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum. Athens art, music and beer invade Savannah, GA at the beautiful Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum – doors open at 3pm – all ages! Semicircle 3:30-4:05, Avery Leigh’s Night Palace 4:20-5:15, Cult of Riggonia 5:25-6:15, Neighbor Lady 6:30-7:15, Vision Video 7:25-8:15, Elf Power 8:30-9:20, New Madrid 9:35-11:00. Tickets $15 in advance $20 at door. Plus check out the line-up for Saturday June 26th at El Rocko Lounge here.
Tails & Ales Festival presented by the Humane Society for Greater Savannah – June 25-June 27, 11:30am – 9:00pm
2. Service Brewery
4. Water Witch Tiki
5.The Rail Pub
6. New Realm Distilling Co.
*Please hold onto your cup for the duration of the festival – lost cups will not be replaced.
Treasure Maps: The Georgia Storytelling Roadshow ~ Savannah Night! – June 25, 7:30pm – 10:00pm
Treasure Maps is a pop-up, interactive, outdoor theatre taking place in six cities across Georgia! The Treasure Maps show will include live-local hosts, film screening, installations, and interactive activities, all under safe social distancing practices. The roadshow feature is the film screening of Treasure Maps on the big screen. Treasure Maps showcases a collage of ten (10) Georgia storytellers’ experiences with an up-close and personal viewpoint into what it’s like navigating the complex webs of life in our communities as a person with a developmental disability. Themes include…
*starting your own business
*going to college
*alienation & acceptance
*dealing with the physical aspects of disability
*and how transformative living a full inclusion life can be
Seersuckers Stilettos and Stoggies Day Party – June 26, 4:00pm – 10:00pm
Fellas get your Seersucker out the closet and ladies pull out your best dress. This Juneteenth Celebration at Red Gate Farms is one for the records! Get ready to enjoy great music, good food, fine cigars, Hookahs and a stiff drink. Did I happen to mention a GROWN & SEXY crowd… You don’t want to miss out! Hosted by Lady Mahogany. Tickets $50